Needs and Objectives
The objective for this assignment is to provide IAI Task Force, especially CLMV representatives, with a deeper understanding of the current state of awareness and adoption of digital technology relevant to MSMEs, and their integration in the global value chain. The assessment will help CLMV prepare welldefined, evidence-backed project proposals, in line with the objectives of the relevant IAI Work Plan Action.
In addition to the project output described in Section III, the Consultant will be expected to submit an Inception Report and a Project Completion Report, according to the timeline set out in Section IV. These reports will be submitted based on AADCP II Guidelines for Contractors in draft format to the IAI & NDG Division (with a copy to AADCP II) and, following the ASEAN Secretariat approval, in final form. All outputs and reports must be written in a way that is suitable for publication, although the decision on publication lies with the ASEAN.
The contractor will also provide regular (weekly, bi-monthly or as agreed with the ASEAN Secretariat) summation of activities undertaken and issues that have arisen. These will be submitted to IAI & NDG Division of the ASEAN Secretariat and AADCP II via email.
Financial reports will be submitted at invoicing in line with a payment schedule to be specified in the Special Services Agreement (SSA).
Scope of Services
The consultancy will be undertaken over a continuous effective period of fifteen (15) calendar weeks with approximately sixty (60) person days of professional services. Work will commence immediately after contract signing.
Interested consulting firms are invited to submit a proposal in response to these Terms of Reference. This proposal should be in two parts: Technical and Financial components.
The Technical component should present the following information:
- A brief discussion indicating the bidder’s understanding of the needs of the project;
- A brief analysis of key issues;
- A methodological discussion of how the bidder proposes to address those needs including assessment of key issues, analytical strategies that will underlie the project, specific techniques to be utilised including sampling techniques, and practical discussion of possible limitations in carrying out the project;
- A detailed work plan that specifies activities to be undertaken, expected outputs and deliverables, resources to be utilised and timing;
- Staffing and management plan;
- A discussion on how measures to ensure the future sustainability of the outcomes of the project will be addressed;
- CVs of all proposed experts;
- Brief discussion of firm’s past experience in undertaking similar work and brief summaries of all projects undertaken.
The Financial component should specify:
1) Professional fees of expert(s);
2) Management and/or operational fees (if any), which include all costs incurred by the person/entity/company for internal coordination, communication, travels and any other associated project management cost;
3) Applicable taxes such as VAT, GST, PPN. See Section IX point 3 for an additional note on tax liability.
Activity costs for experts and participants such as reimbursable expenses for airfare, other travel costs and daily subsistence allowance for workshops, meetings, and all other agreed activities do not need to be included in the Financial Component. These items will be discussed with the preferred contractor during the finalisation of the scope of services. Costs will be based on prevailing ASEAN Secretariat rates.
Submission of Application
Applicants should send their application with a cover letter, materials specified in Section IX above and other supporting documents with “Assessment on the Adoption of Digital Technology by MSMEs in CLMV Countries and Integration of CLMV MSMEs into Global Value Chain” as the subject via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 8 December 2020 at 05:00pm Jakarta time.
Any queries on the TOR should be sent to email@example.com with the subject line: ” Query Assessment on the Adoption of Digital Technology by MSMEs in CLMV Countries and Integration of CLMV MSMEs into Global Value Chain “.