Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide inputs and technical support in the development, formulation and provision of strategic advisory services such as sectoral analyses, formulation of actionable documents, and other relevant activities pertaining to trade and investment integration;
- Conduct relevant desk-based research and analytical activities on areas related to trade and investment integration, as well as FTA;
- Support the Advisor in the preparation of documents and policy papers with a view of providing advisory and technical support to relevant ASEAN senior official and ministerial economic meetings;
- Provide administrative and technical support to the advisor on activities and matters related to RCEP i.e., its entry into force, implementation, promotional/advocacy activities and potential establishment of the RCEP Secretariat;
- Provide coordination support to the Advisor in the identification and development of capacity building programs/activities on issues pertaining to trade and investment integration though close coordination/collaboration with relevant divisions in AECD;
- Develop outreach materials and activities on the progress of ASEAN Economic Integration, FTA including RCEP;
- Manage and organise capacity building for relevant ASEAN Secretariat Divisions and outreach workshops or forums;
- Prepare post-event workshop report for consideration/clearance of the Advisor;
- Assist coordination of activities with ASEAN Member States and broader stakeholders (e.g., dialogue partners, international organisations, industry, think tanks and civil society);
- Facilitate and prepare documentations in relation to the team’s operational/ administrative matters, including payment processing and approval requests;
- Provide periodic update to AADCP II for clearance by DSG AEC;
- Perform other relevant tasks at the request of the Advisor and/or DSG AEC.
Qualifications and Experiences
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent degree) with academic qualifications in public policy, international cooperation/studies, economics and/or development studies with a minimum of three (3) years relevant experience in conducting monitoring and evaluation, public policy research and analysis, gained in international/regional development institutions, research institutes, public sector, project management, and development and research consulting, or a bachelor degree with at least five (5) years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge and practical experience in the areas of Regional Market Integration or Free Trade Agreements is preferable.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills in a complex organisational environment and in work planning.
- Ability to plan and organise tasks and work flows, with proven ability for multitasking and maintaining accuracy under pressure and adherence to deadlines.
- Excellent command of English, complemented with good oral and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal and team skills in cross-cultural environment and international settings.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as in a team in a multicultural environment.
- Proficient in standard computer applications, particularly Microsoft Office tools and internet application.
- Flexible, resilient, and adaptable to changing circumstances in the context of the COVID19 pandemic.
How to apply:
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org highlighting your suitability and potential contribution to the position together with a detailed CV, certified true copies of educational certificates and transcripts for Bachelor and Master degrees, and completed ASEC Employment Application Form with a recent photograph. Applications sent without ALL the documents mentioned above will NOT be considered.
Please indicate on the subject heading: Application for SPO-Strengthening ASEAN Secretariat Capacity in Ensuring Effective Implementation of the AEC Blueprint 2025.
Application documents should reach the ASEAN Secretariat by 29 October 2021. The Selection Committee’s decision is final and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.