FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
AADCP II TENDER FOR PROJECT CONSULTANCY
- Are firms located outside ASEAN member states eligible to apply for AADCP II-supported consultancy project?
- Can consortiums apply to AADCP II-supported consultancy project?
- Can AADCP II provide budget estimate for the project?
- Is there a format or template for the proposal/ bid submission?
No. Any format, including text and slide handouts, is acceptable as long as the document contains the required information as requested in the Terms of References (TOR).
- Would it be possible to submit the soft copies by the deadline stated in the TOR, then printed copies to follow?
Soft copies should be submitted by the deadline in the TOR. Printed copies of the proposals should arrive at the ASEAN Secretariat within 7 (seven) working days after the submission deadline.
- It is stated in the Terms of Reference that “Costs will be based upon prevailing ASEAN Secretariat (ASEC) rates.” What costs does this sentence refer to?
This sentence refers to reimbursable costs, which include per-diems (daily subsistence allowance/DSA), transportation and other non-services costs. This does not include professional fees. In relation to this, reimbursable costs do not need to be included in the proposal/bid, since this will not affect the assessment of the proposals.
- What is the ASEC rate?
ASEC have annually-set guidelines and rates in calculating per-diem, which will apply to all AADCP II projects and consultants. The guidelines and rates will be made available to the winning bidder at the contracting stage.
- What should be included in the professional fee?
The professional fee should include the service fee of experts and any applicable management fee and personal/travel/health insurance. ASEC does not withhold any kind of taxes/levy, income whatsoever, therefore any applicable tax should already be included in the professional fee.
- Can costs be quoted in currencies other than USD?
No. All costs should be quoted in USD.