This project supports implementation of the ASEAN Strategic Action Plan on Consumer Protection 2016-2025 (ASAPCP). It is in line with the need to develop a common ASEAN Consumer Protection Framework, which is Goal 1 in the ASAPCP. While this project will not support the establishment of the framework itself, it will address urgent legal, capacity and awareness gaps that hinder AMS from establishing such framework. It will produce five key outputs:
- ASEAN High Level Principles for Consumer Protection;
- ASEAN Consumer Protection Self-Assessment Kit;
- Teaching Tools to Apply Good Consumer Protection Practices in 6 Priority Sectors;
- Capacity Building Road Map 2017-2020; and
- ASEAN Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Guidelines.
This project is expected to conclude in 2019.