Needs and Objectives
This project will produce the Mutual Recognition Arrangement for Tourism Professionals (MRA-TP) Work Plan 2017-2020. Specifically the project will produce two outputs: a) the ASEAN MRA-TP implementation review, which will assess current progress in the implementation of the MRA-TP, test assumptions, capture relevant context, identify risks (magnitude and impact) and opportunities for achieving success, and propose resolutions to address identified risks, blockages and barriers; and b) the ASEAN MRA-TP Work Plan 2017-2020, that will specify strategic actions, recommend the best approach in implementing those actions, and provide a mechanism for monitoring progress and make decisions throughout the Work Plan implementation.
Scope of Services
The consultancy will be undertaken over a continuous effective period of 6 (six) calendar months with approximately 350 (three hunder fifty) person days of professional services. Work will commence immediately after contract signing.
In its proposal the consultant(s) should demonstrate:
- Thorough understanding and in-depth knowledge of ASEAN, ASEAN Community and ASEAN Tourism;
- Extensive experience in undertaking performance/progress review on the implementation of the strategic plan/work plan at the regional level;
- In-depth expertise in business development, finance and accounting, and marketing across a range of social enterprise models or demonstrated ability to adapt experience into social enterprise sector; Experience in the design and implementation of business plans, especially for start‐ups;
- Strong research and analytical skills, communication (oral and written), facilitation and management skills;
- Extensive knowledge and sound experience in project management, monitoring and evaluation;
- Excellent people skills – demonstrated ability to develop and maintain sound working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Experience in mainstreaming gender perspective in strategic plan/work plan development is an advantage; and
- Experience working with the ASEAN Secretariat and Australian-funded projects is preferable.
Interested consulting firms are invited to submit a proposal in response to these Terms of Reference. This proposal should be in two parts: Technical and Financial components.
The Technical component should present the following information:
• A brief discussion indicating the bidder’s understanding of the needs of the project;
• A brief analysis of key issues;
• A methodological discussion of how the bidder proposes to address those needs including assessment of key issues, analytical strategies that will underlie the project, specific techniques to be utilised, and practical discussion of possible limitations in carrying out the project;
• A detailed work plan that specifies activities to be undertaken, expected outputs and deliverables, resources to be utilised and timing;
• Staffing and management plan;
• A discussion on how measures to ensure the future sustainability of the outcomes of the project will be addressed;
• CVs of all proposed experts;
• Brief discussion of firm’s past experience in undertaking similar work and brief summaries of all projects undertaken.
The Financial component should specify professional fees of experts, in US dollars.
Other costs for experts and participants such as reimbursable expenses for airfare, other travel costs and daily subsistence allowance for workshops, meetings, and all other agreed activities will be discussed with the preferred contractor during the finalisation of the scope of services. Costs will be based on prevailing ASEC rates.
Submission of Application
Applicants should send via email email@example.com and mail/courier 4 (four) printed copies of their application with a cover letter, materials specified in Section IX above and other supporting documents to ASEAN Australia Development Cooperation Program II, ASEAN Secretariat 2nd Floor, Jl. Sisingamangaraja 70A, Jakarta 12110, Indonesia, indicating “Development of the ASEAN MRA-TP Work Plan 2017-2020” as the subject no later than 17 February 2017, 5:00pm (Jakarta time). Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
For Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), please visit http://aadcp2.org/aadcp-ii-tender- frequency-asked-questions/
Any queries on the TOR should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Development of the ASEAN MRA-TP Work Plan 2017-2020”.