Duties and Responsibilities:
The following shall cover the duties and responsibilities of the IT Expert/ Java Programmer:
- Maintain and update the ASEAN Tourism Professionals Registration System (ATPRS), develop manual and user guide for ATPRS, and provide troubleshooting service;
- Develop, maintain and update the database of ASEAN Tourism Professionals;
- Develop, maintain and update the database for master trainers, master assessors, national trainers, national assessors, training and education institutions, and certification institutions;
- Develop, maintain and update the database of MRA-TP references, including toolboxes;
- Publish monthly and annual information on the registry status;
- Ensuring the safety, security and confidentiality of the data and the ATPRS system;
- Conduct awareness workshop, relevant trainings, and support activities related to promoting the ATPRS utilisation;
- Report to and provide support as needed by the ASEAN Tourism Professionals Monitoring Committee (ATPMC).
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in computer science, information systems, mathematics, statistics or related field with minimum of 5-year experience in planning, designing, developing, implementing and maintening of moderate to large-scale web-based information systems, particularly Java-based platforms. Or first level university degree in combination with additional two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree;
- Demonstrated experience in developing medium- to large-scale website using high level programming languages specifically Java / J2SE / J2ME programming language, Eclipse software, Tomcat Apache and IIS web service;
- Knowledge of information technology/information management, particularly in in MSSQL Server, MySQL Server and other Relational Database Management System, analysis, database design and programming;
- Significant exposure to and demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of programming and analysis, including IT Infrastructure, Windows and Linux operating system, database backup mechanism and synchronization, structured/object-oriented design, relational systems, scripting and query languages, document design and management, hardware and software requirements, systems facilities and execution protocols;
- Experience in network security, firewalls, Intrusion Detection and Prevention, Access Control, Directory Services, two-factor authentication technologies, wiring standards and best practices, mobile solutions, secure communications and disaster recovery/business continuity environments;
- Good knowledge of organizational information infrastructure and IT strategy, and ability to independently maintain systems and develops innovative approaches to resolve a wide range of issues/problems;
- Understanding of relevant ASEAN objectives and commitments;
- Excellent command of English.
How to apply:
Send your application to AADCP II Admin/Personnel, ASEAN Secretariat, 70A Jalan Sisingamangaraja, Jakarta 12110 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org highlighting your suitability and potential contribution to the position together with a detailed CV, website development portfolio, and certified true copies of educational certificates obtained. Please indicate on the subject heading: Application for IT Expert/ Java Programmer.
Application papers should reach the ASEAN Secretariat by 30 May 2016.
The Selection Committee’s decision is final and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.