This report contains briefs of eight (8) short listed ASEAN projects to be potentially implemented under various schemes of public-private partnerships (PPP) resulting from the ASEAN PPP Programme.
The projects presented include:
- Bien Hoa – Vung Tau Expressway (Viet Nam)
- Central Luzon Link Expressway (Philippines)
- Kanchanaburi – Phu Nam Ron Motorway (Thailand)
- Laos Road No. 3: ASEAN Highway No. 3 (Lao PDR)
- Makassar Port (Indonesia)
- Manado – Bitung Toll Road (Indonesia)
- North Luzon Expressway East Project (Philippines)
- Trans-Sumatra Toll Road: Kayu Agung – Betung (Indonesia)
The short listed projects were derived from regional and national infrastructure priority pipelines which were subjected to selection methodologies covering a range of criteria pertaining to strategic relevance, level of project development, project feasibility, complexity of implementation and fiscal impact. The short-listing process was conducted through desk review of projects based on available information and consultations with concerned public and private sector officials from the Member States, multilateral and bilateral development organizations and other relevant information sources.
The project briefs were developed under the auspices of the ASEAN Connectivity Coordinating Committee (ACCC) by the World Bank through the support of the ASEAN-Australia Development Cooperation Programme Phase II (AADCP II).