Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Senior Project Officer and the Advisor in data collection, information gathering and other relevant activities pertaining to ASEAN Regional Economic Integration notably those related to Trade and Investment integration and FTA;
- Conduct data collection and compilation including collation, update, and reporting of relevant information on Trade and Investment Integration and FTA;
- Assist in the preparation of documents for relevant Senior Official and Ministerial meetings;
- Provide support in the development of capacity programs, outreach materials, analytical papers/briefs and other knowledge management products on Trade and Investment Integration and FTA;
- Assist the Senior Project Officer and the Advisor in the management of activities and matters related to RCEP;
- Support the Senior Project Officer in the conduct of relevant desk-based research and analytical activities on areas related to Trade and Investment Integration and FTA;
- Provide administrative and logistical support in organizing capacity building for relevant ASEAN Secretariat Divisions and outreach workshops or forums;
- Assist in facilitating meetings and other relevant activities with ASEAN Member States and broader stakeholders (e.g., dialogue partners, international organisations, industry, think tanks and civil society);
- Perform other tasks relevant to the operationalisation of the team, as required.
Qualifications and Experiences
- A bachelor degree in public policy, development economics, development studies with at least two (2) years of working experiences in the relevant area.
- Basic knowledge and practical experience in the areas of regional trade and investment integration or Free Trade Agreements is preferable.
- Good communication and drafting skills, as well as general understanding on diplomacy is desirable.
- Good coordination skills, with proven ability for multitasking and maintaining accuracy under pressure and adherence to deadlines.
- Excellent command of English, complemented with good oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as in a team in a multicultural environment.
- Proficient in standard computer applications, particularly Microsoft Office tools and internet application.
- Flexible, resilient, and adaptable to changing circumstances in the context of the COVID19 pandemic.
How to apply:
Send your application to email@example.com highlighting your suitability and potential contribution to the position together with a detailed CV, certified true copies of educational certificates and transcripts for Bachelor and Master degrees, and completed ASEC Employment Application Form with a recent photograph. Applications sent without ALL the documents mentioned above will NOT be considered.
Please indicate on the subject heading: Application for PO-Strengthening ASEAN Secretariat Capacity in Ensuring Effective Implementation of the AEC Blueprint 2025.
Application documents should reach the ASEAN Secretariat by 29 October 2021. The Selection Committee’s decision is final and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.