ATPRS is a web-based portal that serves as a job-matching platform between the hotel/tourism industry and ASEAN Tourism Professionals (ATP). This portal will have the following functions, among others, to support full implementation of MRA:
- Registration of ATP;
- Maintain records and information on ATP, including those hired by the industry (employer);
- Provide a platform for matchmaking between ATP and Industry (potential employer);
- Registration of ASEAN certified Master Trainers and Master Assessors;
- Registration of education/training institutions based on MRA-TP;
- Verification of ATP, National Trainers, National Assessors, and education/training institutions by respective Tourism Professionals Certification Board;
- Verification of Master Trainers, Master Assessors and Industries subscription by the ASEAN Secretariat/Regional Secretariat; and
- Pool of information on the implementation of MRA-TP with a wide range of online resources, e-learning modules with distance learning facility, communication tools including available toolboxes, ASEAN Common Competency Standards for Tourism Professionals (ACCSTP), Common ASEAN Tourism Curriculum (CATC) and Regional Qualification Framework and Skills Recognition System (RQFSRS) and the ASEAN Tourism Qualification and Equivalent Matrix (ATQEM).
The ATPRS is built as a scalable, Java-based open-sourced system. It is envisaged that by 2017, the ATPRS will register at least 7,800 certified ASEAN Tourism Professionals. The first-phase of the ATPRS development is currently ongoing and is expected to conclude by June 2016. The first release of the ATPRS will only include basic functions, such as registration of tourism professionals (ATPs) and other stakeholders, job search, and basic reporting function. It is envisaged that the ATPRS will be continually developed in the future to include more advanced functionalities.
Considering the scope and complexity of the ATPRS, high-quality technical IT support is considered necessary to ensure effective functionality of the system.
Scope of Services:
The following shall cover the scope of services of the consultancy:
- Provision of timely and high-quality IT support to ensure implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of ATPRS;
- Hardware, software and information system maintenance, including remote monitoring services, updating of application of programs in order to meet changing information requirements and business rules, such as adding new functions, updating of master file, supporting and back-up role in building and maintaining complex software systems to be successfully delivered to stakeholders
- IT Security support: establishing and administering security procedures, establishing and maintaining disaster recovery, backup, and anti-virus procedures; ensuring that the systems remain secure all the time. It may include backups, checking permissions and ownerships in critical files and directories, checking the assignment of rights, monitoring system logs, etc.;
- Regular technical site and code maintenance, including maintain development or staging environments separate from live environments, installation Software, module/security patches and upgrades including bug fixes, installation, upgrade or modification of existing modules on sites, manage, edit, update and maintain the site.
- Report and provide support to the ASEAN Tourism Professionals Monitoring Committee (ATPMC) as needed;
- Refinement and development of new system/products/applications, including regular communication with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, software product features, technical designs and product strategy, participation in reviews and drafting of application requirements/ specifications, including analysis of design feasibility within time and cost constraints, development or provision of work estimates based on analysis of requirements.
The assignment is expected to have a duration of 2 years. The initial contract would be for one year (July 2016 – June 2017) with an option for renewal in subsequent year upon satisfactory performance evaluation. Maximum working days in the 2 year period would be 2,000 hours.
- Proven track record in management and development of medium- to large- scale website;
- Specific and in-depth expertise in high level programming languages specifically Java / J2SE / J2ME programming language, Eclipse software, Tomcat Apache and IIS web service;
- Proven track record in information technology/information management, particularly in MSSQL Server, MySQL Server and other Relational Database Management System, analysis, database design and programming;
- Significant exposure to and demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of programming and analysis, including IT Infrastructure, Windows and Linux operating system, database backup mechanism and synchronization, structured/object-oriented design, relational systems, scripting and query languages, document design and management, hardware and software requirements, systems facilities and execution protocols;
- Solid knowledge and experience in network security, firewalls, Intrusion Detection and Prevention, Access Control, Directory Services, two-factor authentication technologies, wiring standards and best practices, mobile solutions, secure communications and disaster recovery/business continuity environments;
- Excellent communication skills and the capacity to be responsive to changing needs and requirements as communicated by the ASEAN Secretariat and ATPMC;
Submission of Application
Applicants should send via email email@example.com and mail/courier 4 (four) printed copies of a cover letter and proposal detailing its respective company profile highlighting previous engagements of similar assignment, the team composition highlighting their expertise, and the proposed hourly rate fee to ASEAN Australia Development Cooperation Program II, ASEAN Secretariat 2nd Floor, Jl. Sisingamangaraja 70A, Jakarta 12110, Indonesia, indicating “IT Support and Maintenance for ATPRS” as the subject no later than 8 July 2016, 5:00pm.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Any queries on the TOR should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: ‘Query: IT Support and Maintenance for ATPRS’.