Needs and Objectives
The goal of this project is to minimise post-harvest losses in high-value seasonal fruits in CLMV countries. It is expected that the project will improve understanding on the post-harvest losses in production of selected high-value seasonal fruits in CLMV countries.
Scope of Services
The consultancy will be undertaken over a continuous effective period of 9 calendar months with approximately 15 person weeks of professional services. Work will commence immediately after contract signing.
In its proposal the bidder should demonstrate experience in:
- In-depth knowledge and proven experience in postharvest systems management, postharvest technologies, fruits production systems and process, as well as supply chain management;
- Extensive and relevant work experience in post-harvest management in CLMV countries;
- Experience in the analysis, design, implementation and evaluation of strategies, programmes and projects related to post-harvest management;
- Proven competency and extensive experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis;
- Proven experience in facilitating discussions/consultations amongst high-level government officials and stakeholders in multiple countries;
- Extensive knowledge and experience in project development; and
- Excellent use of the English language – both spoken and written.
Interested consulting firms are invited to submit a proposal in response to these Terms of Reference. This proposal should be in two parts: Technical and Financial components.
The Technical component should present the following information:
- A brief discussion indicating the bidder’s understanding of the needs of the project;
- A brief analysis of key issues;
- A methodological discussion of how the bidder proposes to address those needs including assessment of key issues, analytical strategies that will underlie the project, specific tools/ methods/ techniques to be utilised, and practical discussion of possible limitations in carrying out the project;
- A detailed work plan that specifies activities to be undertaken, expected outputs and deliverables, resources to be utilised and timing;
- Staffing and management plan;
- A discussion on how measures to ensure the future sustainability of the outcomes of the project will be addressed;
- CVs of all proposed experts;
- Brief discussion of firm’s past experience in undertaking similar work and brief summaries of all projects undertaken
The Financial component should specify:
1) Professional fees of expert(s);
2) Management and/or operational fees (if any), which include all costs incurred by the person/entity/company for internal coordination, communication, travels and any other associated project management cost;
3) Applicable taxes such as VAT, GST, PPN. See Section XI point 3 for an additional note on tax
All costs must be quoted in United States (US) dollars. Activity costs for experts and participants such as reimbursable expenses for airfare, other travel costs and daily subsistence allowance for workshops, meetings, and all other agreed activities do not need to be included in the Financial Component. These items will be discussed with the preferred contractor during the finalisation of the scope of services, based on prevailing ASEAN Secretariat rates.
Submission of Application
Applicants should send their application with a cover letter, materials specified in Section IX above and other supporting documents with “Assessment of the post-harvest losses and post-harvest loss reduction technologies and practices in CLMV” as the subject via email to email@example.com, no later than 22 June 2018 at 05:00pm Jakarta time. Applicants should also mail/courier 4 (four) copies of the above mentioned documents to ASEAN-Australia Development Cooperation Program Phase II, ASEAN Secretariat 2nd floor, Jl. Sisingamangaraja 70A, Jakarta 12110, Indonesia, within 5 (five) working days of the submission deadline.
For Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), please visit http://aadcp2.org/aadcp-ii-tender-frequency-asked-questions/
Any queries on the TOR should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line:” Query: Assessment of post-harvest losses and post-harvest loss reduction technologies and practices in CLMV”.