Needs and Objectives
The goal of the Project is that ASEAN is able to fully harness the opportunities from the 4IR to enhance regional competitiveness and promote equitable economic growth. The project will enable ASEAN bodies across the three pillars and ASEAN Member States (AMS) to set their 4IR-related priorities and strategies, allowing it to put in place approaches and implementation mechanisms to advance their 4IR priorities. The Consolidated Strategy will also serve as a reference and communication tool to ASEAN stakeholders and external partners to coordinate efforts, garner feedback, and support.
All reports as described in Section III will be submitted based on ASEAN-Australia Development Cooperation Program Phase II (AADCP II) Guidelines for Contractors in draft format to ASEC AIMD (with a copy to AADCP II) and, following ASEC approval, in final form. All outputs and reports must be suitable for publication, although the decision on publication lies with the ASEAN.
The contractor will also provide regular (weekly, bi-monthly or as agreed with ASEC) summation of activities undertaken and issues that have arisen. These will be submitted to AIMD and AADCP II via email.
Financial reports will be submitted at invoicing in line with a payment schedule to be specified in the
Special Services Agreement (SSA).
Scope of Services
The consultancy will be undertaken over a continuous effective period of twelve (12) calendar months with up to twenty-four (24) person weeks or one hundred and twenty (120) person days for Team Leader, and twelve (13) person weeks or sixty-five (65) person days for each Expert Team Member of professional services. Work will commence immediately after contract signing with an entity or a consortium, or when all four positions are filled.
A maximum of 4 (four) experts will be hired to implement the project, either as part of an entity/ consortium, or as individual contractors for specific roles. We require, at the minimum, the following expertise:
1. Team Leader (for a maximum of 120 person days). This person will be responsible for delivering the project outputs/ deliverables. In order to this, s/he will manage and coordinate the work of the Technical Experts to ensure delivery of high quality outputs/deliverables as outlined in section III. The person will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Act as the main point of contact for the Project, in coordinating with ASEC and AADCP II;
- Plan, organise, and lead/facilitate the activities identified in Section IV of this Tender Terms of Reference;
- Conduct preparatory work, including the development of guiding questions for consultative workshops; design and finalise programme of events, preparation of presentations and event materials;
- Plan, coordinate, review and synthesise work and outputs of the Technical Experts, prepare and quality assure all project outputs and reports to ensure coherence, consistency, and overall quality of outputs;
- Draft and finalise the Consolidated Strategy on the 4IR for ASEAN, taking into account inputs from ASEAN stakeholders and beyond;
- Present the Consolidated Strategy on the 4IR for ASEAN to stakeholders in ASEAN meetings and Dissemination Seminars for a broader range of stakeholders; and draft and finalise post-event reports.
2. Technical Experts (for a maximum of 65 person days for each Technical Expert). Reporting to the Team Leader, each Technical Expert will have specific specialisation in either Technology governance and Cybersecurity, Digital Economy, or Digital Transformation in Society. Each Technical Expert is expected to:
- Conduct literature review on issues relevant to the component/area of the Consolidated Strategy on the 4IR for ASEAN (e.g. Technology Governance and Cybersecurity, Digital Economy, or Digital Transformation in Society) assigned to each Technical Expert;
- Contribute to the planning and organisation of relevant activities identified in Section IV of this Tender Terms of Reference, particularly activities 3, 4, and 5, including, but not limited to, the development of guiding questions for consultative workshops; design and finalise programme of events and presentations materials; present and facilitate relevant sessions of the Consultative Workshops, and support drafting of post-event reports;
- Prepare a technical brief on specific component/area of the Consolidated Strategy on the 4IR for ASEAN as input for the Team Leader in drafting the Strategy.
- Support the Team Leader in finalising relevant component/area of the Consolidated Strategy on the 4IR for ASEAN under his/her responsibility;
Interested individual experts and entities/consortiums are invited to submit a letter of interest in response to these Terms of Reference.
Interested entities/consortiums must submit the following documents/information (in English, PDF
Format) to demonstrate their qualifications:
- A cover letter expressing interest, providing highlights of qualifications, relevant past work experience and what value-add the entity/consortium can bring to the assignment;
- CV (individuals) or CVs of all proposed experts;
- Copy or links to 1-3 publications/writing samples on relevant subject(s) by each proposed expert (if
- A total lump sum amount in US (American) dollars, inclusive of professional fees, applicable income tax, communication and transport costs, and any other costs incurred by each individual in performing this assignment, with a cost breakdown by category.
- Any additional management and/or operational fees (if any), excluding costs already included in the Professional Fees of experts. This may include applicable taxes such as VAT, GST, or PPN. See Section XI point 3 for an additional note on tax liability;
Activity costs for experts and participants such as reimbursable expenses for airfare, other travel costs and daily subsistence allowance for workshops, meetings, and all other agreed activities do not need to be included in the application. These items will be discussed with the preferred contractor during the finalisation of the scope of services. Costs will be based on prevailing ASEC rates.
Individual contractors interested in applying for any of the four positions should submit an application containing his/her CV, a cover letter highlighting his/her past experience in undertaking similar work, copy of 1-3 publications/ writing samples on relevant subject(s), and a total lump sum remuneration amount in US (American) dollars, inclusive of professional fees, applicable income tax and other costs (communications, transport, etc) required to perform the work, with a cost breakdown by category.
Individuals that have been listed as part of an entity or consortium bidding for the project are not eligible to apply as individual contractors.
Submission of Bids
Applicants should send their bids with a cover letter, materials specified in Section IX above and other supporting documents with “Development of Consolidated Strategy on the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) for ASEAN” as the subject via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 3 July 2020 at 05:00pm Jakarta time.
To see a list of bidders’ questions and answers on this project, please visit: http://aadcp2.org/?p=6515&preview=true. The page will be updated regularly. In addition, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page http://aadcp2.org/aadcp-ii-tender-frequently-asked-questions/.
Any queries on the TOR should be sent to email@example.com with the subject line:” Query : Development of Consolidated Strategy on the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) for ASEAN.”