Needs and Objectives
The goal of this project is to improve the financial literacy of micro-enterprises in order to increase the potential for growth and support their participation in the local economy. The project aims to establish a dataset for CLMV governments to promote financial literacy programmes to micro enterprises, and suggest approaches that would enable them to make informed, evidence based policy choices to improve financial literacy for micro-enterprises.
Scope of Services
The consultancy will be undertaken over a continuous effective period of 11 calendar months with approximately 50 person weeks. Work will commence immediately after contract signing.
In its proposal the bidder should demonstrate experience in:
- In-depth knowledge and proven experience in financial literacy core concepts;
- Extensive and relevant work experience in financial literacy, strengthening financial management in CLMV countries;
- Experience in working with business associations, preferably in CLMV countries;
- Experience in the analysis, design, implementation and evaluation of financial literacy strengthening/capacity building programmes;
- Proven track record in data collection and analysis;
- Proven experience in facilitating discussions/consultations;
- Extensive knowledge and experience in project development; and
- Proven skills in report writing and conversing in English.
Interested consulting firms are invited to submit a proposal in response to these Terms of Reference. This
proposal should be in two parts: Technical and Financial components.
The Technical component should present the following information:
- A brief discussion indicating the bidder’s understanding of the needs of the project;
- A brief analysis of key issues;
- A methodological discussion of how the bidder proposes to address those needs including assessment
of key issues, analytical strategies that will underlie the project, specific techniques to be utilised, and
practical discussion of possible limitations in carrying out the project;
- A detailed work plan that specifies activities to be undertaken, expected outputs and deliverables,
resources to be utilised and timing;
- Staffing and management plan;
- A discussion on how measures to ensure the future sustainability of the outcomes of the project will be
- CVs of all proposed experts;
- Brief discussion of firm’s past experience in undertaking similar work and brief summaries of all projects
The Financial component should specify:
- Professional fees of expert(s);
- Management and/or operational fees (if any), which include all costs incurred by the person/entity/company for internal coordination, communication, travels and any other associated project management cost;
- Applicable taxes such as VAT, GST, PPN. See Section IX point 3 for an additional note on tax liability.
Activity costs for experts and participants such as reimbursable expenses for airfare, other travel costs and daily subsistence allowance for workshops, meetings, and all other agreed activities do not need to be included in the Financial Component. These items will be discussed with the preferred contractor during the finalisation of the scope of services. Costs will be based on prevailing ASEC rates.
Submission of Application
Applicants should send their application with a cover letter, materials specified in Section IX above and other
supporting documents with “Development of Financial Literacy Programmes for Growing Micro Enterprises” as the subject via email to email@example.com, no later than 30 November 2018 at 05:00pm Jakarta time. Applicants should also mail/courier 4 (four) copies of the above mentioned documents to ASEAN-Australia Development Cooperation Program Phase II, ASEAN Secretariat, 2nd floor, Jl. Sisingamangaraja 70A, Jakarta 12110, Indonesia, within 5 (five) working days of the submission deadline. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
For Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), please visit http://aadcp2.org/aadcp-ii-tender-frequency-asked-
Any queries on the TOR should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: ”Query Development of
Financial Literacy Programmes for Growing Micro Enterprises.