Needs and Objectives
This project aims to:
- Support PCPMD to best articulate its mandate, along with a specific description of its roles and responsibilities, outputs and activities, describing the value it brings to ASEC’s programme cooperation, project management, and results-based management;
- Identify any systems or processes required for PCPMD to better execute its mandate and work with internal and external counterparts more effectively;
- Identify the required capacity in PCPMD and in ASEC, both in terms of expertise and technologies, to support implementation of these systems and processes; and
- Conduct follow up training and workshops, in support of the above initiatives.
Scope of Services
The consultancy will be undertaken over a continuous effective period of 6 calendar months with approximately 90 person days of professional services. Work will commence immediately after contract signing.
We require, at the minimum, the following expertise and in the bidder must be able to demonstrate the
required qualifications on the aforementioned scope of work:
- Extensive knowledge of international relations and development cooperation, more specifically in the areas of strategic planning, results-based management;
- Evidence of expertise in organisational development, change management, and project management, particularly in public/government institutions;
- Experience working with high-level government officials at an international level, minimum of 10 years in above-mentioned fields;
- Capacity to undertake the assignment independently with minimal supervision and administrative/logistical support;
- A thorough understanding of ASEAN or similar inter-governmental environments procedures will be a significant advantage and essential.
Interested consulting firms are invited to submit a proposal in response to these Terms of Reference. This proposal should be in two parts: Technical and Financial components.
The Technical component should present the following information:
- A brief discussion indicating the bidder’s understanding of the needs of the project;
- A brief analysis of key issues;
- A methodological discussion of how the bidder proposes to address those needs including assessment of key issues, analytical strategies that will underlie the project, specific techniques to be utilised, and practical discussion of possible limitations in carrying out the project;
- A detailed work plan that specifies activities to be undertaken, expected outputs and deliverables, resources to be utilised and timing;
- Staffing and management plan;
- A discussion on how measures to ensure the future sustainability of the outcomes of the project will be addressed;
- CVs of all proposed experts;
- Brief discussion of firm’s past experience in undertaking similar work and brief summaries of all projects undertaken.
The Financial component should specify professional fees of experts.
Other costs for experts and participants such as reimbursable expenses for airfare, other travel costs and daily subsistence allowance for workshops, meetings, and all other agreed activities will be discussed with the preferred contractor during the finalisation of the scope of services. Costs will be based on prevailing ASEC rates.
Submission of Application
Applicants should send their application with a cover letter, materials specified in Section IX above and other supporting documents to indicating “Strategic Planning Support for Programme Cooperation and Project Management Division of the ASEAN Secretariat” as the subject via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than Friday, 23 March 2018 at 5:00pm Jakarta time. Applicants should also mail/courier 4 (four) printed copies of the above mentioned documents to ASEAN-Australia Development Cooperation Program Phase II, ASEAN Secretariat 2nd Floor, Jl. Sisingamangaraja 70A,
Jakarta 12110, Indonesia, within 5 (five) working days after the submission deadline.
For Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), please visit http://aadcp2.org/aadcp-ii-tender-frequency-
Any queries on the TOR should be sent to email@example.com with the subject line: “Query: Strategic Planning Support for Programme Cooperation and Project Management Division of the ASEAN Secretariat”.