Needs and Objectives
The goal of the project is to promote more sustainable urbanisation in ASEAN. As a result of this project, it is expected that the stakeholders and beneficiaries mentioned above will have a better understanding of the scope of actions required, and the approaches to be taken towards promoting sustainable infrastructure in prioritised ASEAN cities in a strategic and measurable, pragmatic, and comprehensive manner.
Scope of Services
The consultancy will be undertaken over a continuous effective period of eleven calendar months with approximately 172 person weeks of professional services. Work will commence immediately after contract signing.
In its proposal the bidder/bidding team should demonstrate:
- Thorough understanding and in-depth knowledge of ASEAN, ASEAN Community and ASEAN Connectivity;
- Thorough understanding of sustainable urbanisation issues, trends and recent developments preferably in the ASEAN context;
- Experience working with and having established network amongst urban development stakeholders across the ASEAN Member States;
- Proven track record in working with multi-stakeholder in a participatory manner, including with high-level government officials, bilateral and multilateral institutions, civil society and NGOs, particularly in consensus building and work plan facilitation;
- Proven track record in data collection and analysis on regional and global survey/research;
- Extensive knowledge and experience in project management;
- Thorough understanding of monitoring and evaluation of development projects, particularly in outcome setting and identification of performance indicators;
A thorough understanding of ASEAN, ASEC and AADCP II procedures will be considered of added value.
Interested consulting firms are invited to submit a proposal in response to these Terms of
Reference. This proposal should be in two parts: Technical and Financial components.
The Technical component should present the following information:
- A brief discussion indicating the bidder’s understanding of the needs of the project;
- A brief analysis of key issues;
- A methodological discussion of how the bidder proposes to address those needs including assessment of key issues, analytical strategies that will underlie the project, specific techniques to be utilised, and practical discussion of possible limitations in carrying out the project;
- A detailed work plan that specifies activities to be undertaken, expected outputs and deliverables, resources to be utilised and timing;
- Staffing and management plan;
- A discussion on how measures to ensure the future sustainability of the outcomes of the project will be addressed;
- CVs of all proposed experts;
- Brief discussion of firm’s past experience in undertaking similar work and brief summaries of all projects undertaken; and
- Examples of previous work as Annexes to the proposal.
The Financial component should specify professional fees of experts.
Other costs for experts and participants such as reimbursable expenses for airfares, other travel costs and daily subsistence allowance for workshops, meetings, and all other agreed activities will be discussed with the preferred contractor during the finalisation of the scope of services. Costs will be based on prevailing ASEC rates.
Submission of Application
Applicants should send via email email@example.com and mail/courier 4 (four) printed copies of their application with a cover letter, materials specified in Section IX above and other supporting documents to ASEAN Australia Development Cooperation Program II, ASEAN Secretariat 2nd Floor, Jl. Sisingamangaraja 70A, Jakarta 12110, Indonesia, indicating “Study to Advance Sustainable Urbanisation in ASEAN” as the subject no later than 22 January 2018 5:00pm (Jakarta time). Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
For Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), please visit http://aadcp2.org/aadcp-ii-tender-frequency-asked-questions/
Any queries on the TOR should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: ”Query
‘Study to Advance Sustainable Urbanisation in ASEAN’.