Needs and Objectives
This project will produce a publication to mark the 50th anniversary of ASEAN entitled: “ASEAN at 50: A Historic Milestone of FDI and MNEs in ASEAN,” that presents data and analysis on FDI flows in the region over the last five decades, tapping MNEs and ASEAN companies as engines for regional economic development, by presenting an evaluation on what has been achieved, how challenges have been addressed, and offer an analysis of FDI and MNE development in the context of the AEC in the process leading to stronger regional integration, regional production networks, by focusing on several key themes.
Scope of Services
The consultancy will be undertaken over a continuous effective period of 10 (ten) calendar months with approximately 21 (twenty-one) person weeks of professional services. Work will commence immediately after contract signing.
In its proposal the consultant(s) should demonstrate:
• Thorough understanding and in-depth knowledge FDIs and MNEs, and has done extensive research work in these areas;
• In-depth knowledge of economic, trade, investment and regional integration issues, especially within ASEAN;
• Proven track record of experience in economic and industry research;
• Thorough understanding of ASEAN and its work on economic community building;
• Adequate knowledge of and balanced exposure to ASEAN economies;
• Have extensive experience in policy making and providing policy advice to governments and have considerable exposure and network with the industries and industry players/associations;
• Established links and networks with business associations across Member States, as well as links with research networks/institutions or market research groups in different parts of ASEAN; and,
• Proven skills in writing and conversing in English.
Interested consulting firms are invited to submit a proposal in response to these Terms of Reference. This proposal should be in two parts: Technical and Financial components.
The Technical component should present the following information:
• A brief discussion indicating the bidder’s understanding of the needs of the project;
• A brief analysis of key issues;
• A methodological discussion of how the bidder proposes to address those needs including assessment of key issues, analytical strategies that will underlie the project, specific techniques to be utilised, and practical discussion of possible limitations in carrying out the project;
• A detailed work plan that specifies activities to be undertaken, expected outputs and deliverables, resources to be utilised and timing;
• Staffing and management plan;
• A discussion on how measures to ensure the future sustainability of the outcomes of the project will be addressed;
• CVs of all proposed experts;
• Brief discussion of firm’s past experience in undertaking similar work and brief summaries of all projects undertaken.
The Financial component should specify professional fees of experts, in US dollars.
Other costs for experts and participants such as reimbursable expenses for airfare, other travel costs and daily subsistence allowance for workshops, meetings, and all other agreed activities will be discussed with the preferred contractor during the finalisation of the scope of services. Costs will be based on prevailing ASEC rates.
Submission of Application
Applicants should send via email email@example.com and mail/courier 4 (four) printed copies of their application with a cover letter, materials specified in Section IX above and other supporting documents to ASEAN Australia Development Cooperation Program II, ASEAN Secretariat 2nd Floor, Jl. Sisingamangaraja 70A, Jakarta 12110, Indonesia, indicating “ASEAN at 50, A Historic Milestone for FDI and MNEs in ASEAN” as the subject no later than 31 January 2017, 5:00pm (Jakarta time). Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
For Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), please visit http://aadcp2.org/aadcp-ii-tender- frequency-asked-questions/
Any queries on the TOR should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “ASEAN at 50, A Historic Milestone for FDI and MNEs in ASEAN”.