THE ASEAN SECRETARIAT
INVITES INDONESIAN CITIZENS OR
ASEAN NATIONALS WHO ARE CURRENTLY RESIDING AND RECRUITED IN INDONESIA
TO APPLY FOR THE POSITION OF
ASEAN-AUSTRALIA DEVELOPMENT COOPERATION PROGRAM (AADCP) PHASE II
As a dynamic region with a population of more than 575 million that aims to live in peace and share prosperity, the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) has embarked on an initiative to build an ASEAN Economic Community (AEC). The AEC is envisioned as a competitive economic region well integrated into the global economy, having equitable economic development, and serving as single market and production base.
In the implementation of the various economic agreements constituting the architecture of the AEC, ASEAN Member States have adopted the AEC Blueprint. The Australian Government is pleased to support implementation of the AEC Blueprint through the ASEAN-Australia Development Cooperation Program (AADCP) II.
The Contracts Officer will support the AADCP II and work closely with the General Legal Affairs Division of the ASEAN Secretariat pertaining to all aspects in the development and management of agreements and contracts related to procurement of goods/services and personnel for AADCP II and other legal support services for the Secretariat.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Contracts Officer’s duties will cover, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Assist in negotiating, drafting and finalizing agreements and contracts.
2. Provide technical and oversight support relating to finance management and program expenditure of the agreements and contracts under AADCP II.
3. Monitoring contract performance and advising compliance with the contract terms and conditions.
4. Maintain and update all procurement files and records and other contracts.
5. Provide assistance and guidance to AADCP II in the improvement of procurement systems of goods and services.
6. Provide support to the General Legal Affairs Division in carrying out its day to day functions and roles to support ASEAN and ASEC.
7. Perform other relevant duties commensurate with the post and as assigned by his/her supervisors and/or higher authorities of the AADCP II and ASEAN Secretariat.
• At least Bachelor degree in Law.
• A minimum of (5) five years relevant work experience in dealing with corporate legal issues.
• Demonstrated knowledge and policy, research and technical skills in the relevant area.
• Sound oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills, including experience in cross-cultural environment and international settings.
• Excellent command of English, written and spoken.
Competency in computer skills with adequate knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook where relevant to the position; ability to multi-task, work long and irregular hours when required, and perform outside the usual job scope; and ability to function effectively independently and as part of a team.
How to apply:
Send your application to AADCP II Admin/HR, The ASEAN Secretariat, 70A Sisingamangaraja, Jakarta 12110 or email to: email@example.com highlighting your suitability and potential contribution to the position together with a detailed CV, including a recent passport-sized photograph and completed Employment Application Form, which can be downloaded at http://www.asean.org/opportunities/asec-employment-form. (Note: copies of educational qualifications will only be required to be produced by shortlisted applicants).
Please indicate on the subject: Application for AADCP II Contracts Officer.
Application papers should reach the ASEAN Secretariat not later than 28 February 2017. Only short-listed applicants will be notified.
Applications not made using the Employment Application Form will not be considered.