THE ASEAN SECRETARIAT
INVITES INDONESIAN CITIZENS OR
ASEAN NATIONALS WHO ARE CURRENTLY RESIDING AND RECRUITED IN INDONESIA
TO APPLY FOR THE POSITION OF
ASEAN-AUSTRALIA DEVELOPMENT COOPERATION PROGRAM (AADCP) PHASE II
PROJECT OFFICER FOR ASEAN CONNECTIVITY (2 Positions)
The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) was founded in 1967 with the purpose of promoting regional cooperation in Southeast Asia, in the spirit of equality and partnership and thereby contribute towards peace, progress and prosperity in the region. ASEAN comprises ten (10) countries in Southeast Asia. It was proclaimed a Community through the “Kuala Lumpur Declaration on ASEAN 2025: Forging Ahead Together”, signed by the ASEAN Leaders during their 27th Summit in November 2015. Along with the ASEAN Community Vision 2025, also adopted at the same Summit, they call for the ASEAN Community in forging ahead together, and to work towards building a community that is politically cohesive, economically integrated and socially responsible. The Master Plan on ASEAN Connectivity (MPAC) 2025, which was adopted by ASEAN Leaders at their 28th ASEAN Summit on 6 September 2016, seeks to add value by complementing and synergising efforts under the ASEAN Community Blueprints 2025 and ASEAN sectoral work plans.
In the implementation of the MPAC 2025, ASEAN Member States are supported, among others, by the Government of Australia through the ASEAN-Australia Development Cooperation Program (AADCP) II. (AADCP II is a long-term (2008- 2019), AU$57 million program that supports ’ASEAN’s goal of deepening regional economic integration. AADCP II has assisted ASEAN in a number of strategic initiatives for Connectivity, such as the review and development of strategic action plans including the development of the MPAC 2025, development of communication materials and sector-specific studies to promote implementation of action plans.
The Project Officer for ASEAN Connectivity will support AADCP II and work closely with the ASEAN Connectivity Division of the ASEAN Secretariat pertaining to all aspects of development, initiation and implementation of ASEAN Connectivity projects. The position will report to the Program Coordinator of AADCP II and the Director / Head, ASEAN Connectivity Division, Office of the Secretary-General.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage initiatition and implementation of AADCPII – supported ASEAN Connectivity projects from start to finish, including budgeting, tendering, contracting, and ensuring quality, timeliness, efficiency and effectiveness of project implementation through implementing agents.
- Prepare other project proposals and support the implementation of projects under the MPAC 2025 initiatives, particularly those related to sustainable urbanisation and logistics sector. This will involve:
- Working with relevant ASEAN Secretariat divisions in developing connectivity-related projects to support the implementation of MPAC 2025.
- Coordinating with relevant ASEAN Secretariat divisions and concerned Dialogue Partners and External Parties to mobilise financial support and facilitate effective implementation of MPAC 2025.
Qualifications and experience:
- Advanced degree in economics, business, management, public policy or other appropriate discipline;
- A minimum of six (6) years working experience in project management and public policy;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective relationship with high-level government officials as well as non-governmental stakeholders, particularly in the context of policy development and diplomacy;
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement, monitor and review policies and procedures;
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organise tasks and work flows, with proven ability for accuracy and judgement under pressure and adherence to deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability for teamwork and collaborative work practices;
- Strong diplomatic skills in handling counterpart relations is desirable.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, including experience in cross-cultural environment and international settings.
- Experience of working in the ASEAN context would be an advantage, but is not a requirement.
This is a project support position, with no possibility for extension. Upon successful completion of a six-month probationary period, the candidate will be offered a fixed term, non-extendable contract for a maximum of two (2) years, up to 31 December 2019, inclusive of the probationary period.
How to apply:
Send your application to AADCP II Admin/HR, The ASEAN Secretariat, 70A Jl. Sisingamangaraja, Jakarta 12110 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org highlighting your suitability and potential contribution to the position together with a detailed CV, including a recent passport-sized photograph and completed Employment Application Form, which can be downloaded at http://www.asean.org/opportunities/asec-employment-form. (Note: copies of educational qualifications will only be required to be produced by shortlisted applicants).
Please indicate on the subject heading: Project Officer ASEAN Connectivity.
Application documents should reach the ASEAN Secretariat by 24 November 2017. The Selection Committee’s decision is final and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Applications not made using the Employment Application Form will not be considered.