Duties and Responsibilities:
The Contracts Officer’s duties will cover, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist in negotiating, drafting and finalizing agreements and contracts for the best interest of ASEAN.
- Provide technical and oversight support relating to finance management and program expenditure of the agreements and contracts under AADCP II.
- Monitoring contract performance and advising compliance with the contract terms and conditions.
- Maintain and update all procurement files and records and other contracts. This include maintaining the database of contracts entered into by ASEAN and other entities.
- Provide assistance and guidance to AADCP II and ASEC’s relevant divisions in the improvement of procurement systems of goods and services.
- Provide support to the General Legal Affairs Division in carrying out its day to day functions and roles to support ASEAN and ASEC.
- When assigned, provide general legal assistance to ASEAN-related bodies (e.g ASEAN Foundation, ASEAN Institute for Peace and Reconciliation, ASEAN Center for Energy, etc.)
- Receiving and processing all external request/application for the use of ASEAN name as well as maintaining the database of those request/application(s).
- Perform other relevant duties commensurate with the post and as assigned by his/her supervisors and/or higher authorities of the AADCP II and ASEC.
Qualifications and Experience:
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent degree) in Law or an appropriate related field or discipline with strong academic background; or a Bachelor’s degree with not less than two (2) years of relevant work experience in dealing with corporate legal issues.
- Experience and exposure in commercial and business law is preferable.
- Demonstrated knowledge and policy, research and technical skills in the relevant area.
- Sound oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills, including experience in cross-cultural environment and international settings.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organise tasks and work flows, with proven ability for accuracy under pressure and adherence to deadlines.
- Demonstrated commitment to collaborative work practices.
- Proven skills in problem solving in a complex organisational environment and in work planning.
- Ability to multi-task, work long and irregular hours, perform tasks outside the usual job scope, and willingness to travel frequently on short notice.
- Excellent command of English, written and spoken.
How to apply:
Send your application to email@example.com highlighting your suitability and potential contribution to the position together with a detailed CV, certified true copies of educational certificates and transcripts, and complete ASEC Employment Application Form* attached with recent photograph. Applications sent without ALL the documents mentioned above will NOT be considered.
Please indicate on the subject heading: Application for Contracts Officer AADCP II.
Application documents should reach the ASEAN Secretariat by 8 December 2020. The Selection Committee’s decision is final and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.