The ASEAN Economics Ministers (AEM) and the ASEAN Investment Area Ministerial Council meetings in 1999 mandated the publication of an annual public investment report to provide information on trends and developments related to foreign direct investments (FDI) in ASEAN. The aim of these reports is to increase understanding of the investment regimes in ASEAN Member States (AMS) and the region’s investment climate. The reports will also articulate how efforts towards regional integration are shaping the trends and developments in FDI flows into and within ASEAN. Following the adoption of the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) Blueprint in 2007, the ASEAN Investment Report (AIR) has also served to inform investors on key AEC investment measures and initiatives, including investment policies in the priority integration sectors.
This project supports drafting of the ASEAN Investment Report 2015, 2016 and 2017. In 2016, the project has been extended to support the 2018 and 2019 report. The reports will be developed through collaboration between AADCP II, ASEAN Secretariat and the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD).
- ASEAN Investment Report 2015: Infrastructure Investment and Connectivity
- ASEAN Investment Report 2016: Foreign Direct Investment and MSME Linkages
- ASEAN Investment Report 2017: Foreign Direct Investment and Economic Zones in ASEAN
- ASEAN Investment Report 2018: Foreign Direct Investment and the Digital Economy in ASEAN
- ASEAN Investment Report 2019 – FDI in Services: Focus on Health Care